Congratulations Tony and your completion of the Dublin Marathon – And in your Bender race shirt too!
Mike B, you’ve have been toiling all Summer and Fall in the 5 Peaks Trail Races. Congratulations for sticking with it under some crazy conditions! Amazing!
Next weekend we have Hamilton coming up. At least 10 Benders so far registered in the Full or half. Hope the weather holds out. It would probably be a good idea to visit your local Value Village to pick up some throw away jackets and pants just in case.
After the race get together at Oscars Roadhouse at 4pm on Sunday to celebrate. Please plan to come, whether you raced or not.
Chicago Marathon Registration is now open. Register here.
Bender Christmas party Dec 8 …..mark that down!
- Tuesday – 6:30 – Tim’s Shoppers World – 6 km
- Wednesday – 6:30 – Running Room Bramalea – 8 to 10 k…last one before Hamilton
- Thursday – 6:30 – Chris Gibson – 8 k
- 8:30 – Second Cup – 12 to 20 K
- Hamilton. Race starts at 7:45 am. Follow emails for packet pickup and carpooling details.
- Reminder – Weekly Tuesdays and Thursdays – 6:30 – St. Rita – Get fit with Maria
Congratulations to all the Benders who participated in the Scotia Waterfront races. Especially Ariellia – a new PB in the Half – 1:52, Kevin 1:48, Dave 1:38, Walter, a PB 2:01, Samantha, Lorraine you beat your goal. Alain, heard you had some issues near the end, hope all is well.
Next week, Tony is headed for Dublin and the Marathon…Good luck to you!
Two weeks till the Hamilton Marathon, half and 10!
Chicago Marathon – registration is opening this week for next years race. A great event.
This week: Tapering for Hamilton
- Tuesday – 6:30 – Tims Shoppers world – 6K
- Wednesday – 6:30 – RR Bramalea – 10K
- Thursday – Chris Gibson – 8 to 10K
- Sunday – TBD
Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving weekend. For Mid October, the weather was fine. Now its time to lose those extra pounds from the weekends meals.
Fun fact. 1 slice of Pumpkin Pie – 350 calories
The average runner burns 100 calories per kilometer.
First of the big fall races were this weekend. Congratulations to our Chicago Marathoners – Grace, Firmo, and Rob…his first
Congratulations also to Michelle on her half in Boston.
And congratulations to any other racers this weekend that I missed.
To everyone else, training continues. Toronto, Niagara and Hamilton are still ahead.
- Tuesday – 6:30 – 6 km Tim’s (Shoppers World)…Note the time change.
- Wednesday – 6:30 – RR, for a 10 km run or Track work
- Thursday – 6:30 – 8 km at Chris Gibson
- Saturday – Details to follow
- Sunday – Details to follow Check your email.
Thank you to all the Benders who participated in the Run 4 the Cure, lots of fun, all pinked up! Twenty six Benders, I think, ran/walked. Lots of great pictures on Facebook and we even are mentioned in an article in the Brampton Guardian. Stay tuned for a separate post on the event.
Way to go Alain, the fastest Runner overall!!
This coming weekend, good luck to the Chicago Marathon bound Benders, this is one of the top world marathons. You will have a blast! Lets plan on having even more Benders at this event next year.
Also, Best of luck to Michelle, doing the Boston Half, this Sunday.
Big Fall races coming up:
- Tuesday – 6:45 – Tim Hortons in Shoppers W orld – 6K
- Wedneday – 6:30 – Bramalea RR. – Track speed work, others can just run laps.
- Thursday – 6:45 – Chris Gibson Rec Center – 8K
- Thanksgiving this weekend – Best wishes to everyone. Long Slow Runs this weekend – It’s kind of messy because of all the different race dates but here goes:
- For the Niagara Runners – 23 km for the Full and 20 for the Half runners
- For Scotia Runners – 32k for the Full – and 18 for the Half runners
- For Hamilton – 23k for the Full and 12 for the Half runners
Have a great week.
Just wanted to wish our fellow Benders a great race this weekend in the windy city for the Chicago marathon. Todd, Ivar, John S, Gary, Firmo, Samantha and Alan P.
Also we would like to wish Elaine another great marathon out in BC for the Goodlife Fitness Victoria Marathon.
Have a great race everyone, the temperatures are sure great for running!