Great Bender Christmas get together last Friday. Good people, good food, good time had. Nice to see so many Benders! Feel free to send your pictures to Mike B and we’ll share them on the website. Thanks to Michelle B for organizing.
Sunday saw many Benders up in Terra Cotta for the Egg Nog Jog, many Benders running and cheering (Thanks for the bell ringing Karyn and Grace – near the end when we were getting exhausted). That warm tent and soup at the end were much appreciated. Be sure to check out the pics here.
Looks like it’s time to break out the winter spikes. Lots of snow expected in the forecast, bundle up stay warm. Dress in bright colours and be seen.
- Tuesday – 6:30 – Christmas lights run from the Tims parking lot at Shoppers World – 6K
Also, if you want some core fitness, we have Maria’s workout at St. Rita school at 6:30 . Last time this year.
- Wednesday – 6:30 – Running Room Bramalea – Ann promises to be there. Come and say hi to her! followed by various run distances.
- Sunday – To be determined, probably 10 to 12k
Welcome to the second week of December. The weather is still holding out favourably.
Well done to all the runners this past weekend. Samantha in Cayman Islands Marathon, Jackie, Belinda, Yasmin and Marcia who rocked the Reggae Marathon in Jamaica. We are waiting to hear your stories. Also congrats to all who participated in the Tannenbaum 10K
This Friday, don’t forget our Bender Christmas party at J Red Co at 6:30pm. If you haven’t already, please let Michelle know if you are coming. It’s looking like a great turnout.
For those folks wanting core fitness training, Maria is holding Workouts this Tuesday and Thurs at 6:30 sharp at St. Rita School (Mayfield and Summer Valley Rd). Its a great way to stay in shape.
- Tuesday – 6:30 – Tim’s at Shoppers world….all the Christmas lights are out in downtown Brampton, and we will enjoy them.
- Wednesday – 6:30 – Bramalea Running room. 8 to 10 km. Also, its Ann’s last week, so come out and wish her the best!
- Thursday – 6:30 – Chris Gibson Rec. Centre
- Friday – 6:30 – J Red Co – Bender Christmas Party!!
- Sunday – Egg Nog Jog in Terra Cotta. 18 Benders are registered. If you missed out, come up any way and cheer us on! It’s a fun event.
Hope everyone’s weekend went well.
Sunday morning we had a great turnout at Terra Cotta, cold, but the weather co-operated. No rain!! Sunny (sunglass conditions), counted 16 Benders. We missed a few from last week….the Laura’s, Gina, Ben, David, Annette….Where were you all? A great tailgate afterwards, thank you for the Grand Marnier Firmo! And thank you all for all the treats.
Come on out if you can next sunday.
Dont forget our Bender Christmas party Friday night. Dec 8 at J Red and Co.. more details to come from Michelle, and a very tasty food menu. RSVP to Michelle please.
Nashville in April….a big Bender road trip is in the works. It will be a hoot. A marathon, a half, a 5 km, something for everyone. And lots to see. So far we have a dozen Benders going. Sign up. We will send you some links.
- Tuesday – 6:30 – Tim’s at Shoppers world – 6 km – the Christmas lights must be going up!
- Wednesday – 6:30 – Bramalea RR – 8 or 10 km
- Sunday – We are looking at Terra Cotta one more time. It’s so nice and fresh air up there. Maybe we can run the Egg Nog Jog route backwards for a change. And of course a tailgate afterwards