Congratulations to the Hamilton and New York Runners!
Hope you ran well in New York Shana, looking forward to your stories. And Hamilton…..brutal! Pouring and driving rain at the start, and what about that hard 20 km wind! It sure wore you down, but we finished.
Now a brief lull between the big races.
We have the Egg Nog Jog coming up Dec 10. Guess what, it’s SOLD OUT. We do have 18 Benders registered. Way to go! We can all still enjoy the event, either as Runners or Cheering Section.
Be sure to come out to the Running Room in Bramalea this Wednesday for a group run as we will be presenting ALS Canada with the cheque of the funds raised from the Don Doan Dash 5K in September. Wear your Don Doan shirts!
- Tuesday – 6:30 – Tim’s at Shoppers World – 6K
- Wednesday – 6:30 – Running Room Bramalea – 6-8K
- Thursday – 6:30 – Chris Gibson 8K – or join in with Maria’s Fitness class at 6:30 at St.Rita school.
- Sunday – It’s time to go to Terra Cotta, for the practice run and bring some treats for afterwards.
Thank you to all the Benders who participated in the Run 4 the Cure, lots of fun, all pinked up! Twenty six Benders, I think, ran/walked. Lots of great pictures on Facebook and we even are mentioned in an article in the Brampton Guardian. Stay tuned for a separate post on the event.
Way to go Alain, the fastest Runner overall!!
This coming weekend, good luck to the Chicago Marathon bound Benders, this is one of the top world marathons. You will have a blast! Lets plan on having even more Benders at this event next year.
Also, Best of luck to Michelle, doing the Boston Half, this Sunday.
Big Fall races coming up:
- Tuesday – 6:45 – Tim Hortons in Shoppers W orld – 6K
- Wedneday – 6:30 – Bramalea RR. – Track speed work, others can just run laps.
- Thursday – 6:45 – Chris Gibson Rec Center – 8K
- Thanksgiving this weekend – Best wishes to everyone. Long Slow Runs this weekend – It’s kind of messy because of all the different race dates but here goes:
- For the Niagara Runners – 23 km for the Full and 20 for the Half runners
- For Scotia Runners – 32k for the Full – and 18 for the Half runners
- For Hamilton – 23k for the Full and 12 for the Half runners
Have a great week.
This year runners will have a break from the giant hill at the end of the Around the Bay Race. This race is pretty much known for that hill but unfortunately (or fortunately) construction in the area will not be done in time for the race. Runners will take an alternative route running back in to Hamilton via Plains Rd. Don’t worry though runner friends, there are still the rolling hills of North Shore. See the article here.